Just because she isn’t saying no…
Doesn’t mean she’s saying yes.”
“Just because you help her home…
Doesn’t mean you get to help yourself.”
“Just because she’s drunk doesn’t mean she wants to f**k.”
Those are some of the messages scrawled across posters for a new anti-rape campaign being launched in Ottawa, Canada under the slogan “Don’t Be That Guy.”
The campaign is designed to be a shift away from the “No means no” campaign, which puts the onus on the woman to say no.
This campaign recognizes the significant role that alcohol plays in sexual assault and aims to have young men act responsibly.
For years we’ve been telling young women that it’s up to them to avoid sexual assault. This campaign breaks the mold by speaking directly to young men. The images are intentionally graphic to emphasize the bottom line, which is that sex without consent is sexual assault. And being drunk is no excuse for committing a violent crime.
According to organizers, the message of the campaign is clear:
- Don’t be that guy who doesn’t take responsibility.
- Don’t be that guy who doesn’t make sure his partner is consenting.
- Don’t be that guy who sexually assaults a young woman too drunk to consent to sex.
- Don’t be that guy who uses alcohol as a tool to sexually assault.
- Don’t be that guy who believes it is not rape.
These posters will be placed in men’s washrooms at bars and in a variety of other places that young people go.
Just because she isn't saying no…
ENTER any KEY WORD
SEARCH by CATEGORY
DATES & THEMES
CLICK IMAGE for TICKETS
A Celebration of Women™ 2014 CLICK IMAGE for DETAILS
RECENT FEATURES – CLICK TITLE
- Acknowledgement, Acceptance and Invitation
- Denise Morrison, President & CEO of Campbell Soup Company
- “The Birth of a new Earth, The 7th Golden Age”, VIDEO
- MindbodyGreen, The Key to A Successful Relationship?
- NOV 28, Sassy, Seductive and Single Social Mixer, Toronto
- Intuition, a natural ability of ‘knowing’, Lauren Jawno
- WEWednesdays!, “Celebrating the Holidays in Style”, DEC 17
- Mary Deacon – WOMAN of ACTION™
- International Day to End Violence against Women, NOV 25
- Alternative Christmas Message
Your Support is Appreciated and Celebrated
All Gifts Appreciated and Accepted Here
Aimed to create a “pay-it-forward” ripple of positive action, our sister charitable organization, registered here in Canada to work globally,
A Celebration of Women™ Foundation Inc., was born to shape a better world through building residential homes that are mandated to enable the education of young women, support self sustainable programs, graduating future women leaders.
EMAIL TRANSER TO:
SMALL DONATIONS MAKE GLOBAL CHANGES
Thank You, Team Celebration
Copyright 2014 @ A Celebration of Women™ The World Hub for Women Leaders That Care