Just because she isn’t saying no…
Doesn’t mean she’s saying yes.”
“Just because you help her home…
Doesn’t mean you get to help yourself.”
“Just because she’s drunk doesn’t mean she wants to f**k.”
Those are some of the messages scrawled across posters for a new anti-rape campaign being launched in Ottawa, Canada under the slogan “Don’t Be That Guy.”
The campaign is designed to be a shift away from the “No means no” campaign, which puts the onus on the woman to say no.
This campaign recognizes the significant role that alcohol plays in sexual assault and aims to have young men act responsibly.
For years we’ve been telling young women that it’s up to them to avoid sexual assault. This campaign breaks the mold by speaking directly to young men. The images are intentionally graphic to emphasize the bottom line, which is that sex without consent is sexual assault. And being drunk is no excuse for committing a violent crime.
According to organizers, the message of the campaign is clear:
- Don’t be that guy who doesn’t take responsibility.
- Don’t be that guy who doesn’t make sure his partner is consenting.
- Don’t be that guy who sexually assaults a young woman too drunk to consent to sex.
- Don’t be that guy who uses alcohol as a tool to sexually assault.
- Don’t be that guy who believes it is not rape.
These posters will be placed in men’s washrooms at bars and in a variety of other places that young people go.
Just because she isn't saying no…
A Celebration of Women™ 2014 CLICK IMAGE for DETAILS
ENTER any KEY WORD
DATES & THEMES
CLICK IMAGE for TICKETS
SEARCH by CATEGORY
RECENT FEATURES – CLICK TITLE
- Lynette L Palmen AM offers FREE PR coverage Australia!
- April 24, 2014, Global Day of Action
- Are You Guilty of “Inattention?”
- Women, More Than Ever Recognize the Power of Yoga
- Business Wealth Summit May 31, 2014
- April 22, EARTH DAY – celebrated globally!
- Forbes Riley FIRST Audio ~ Complimentary, GET IT NOW
- “The Three Keys To Feminine Power,” – at no charge
- The Truth about Intuition
- Happy Easter to all Celebrating April 20!
Your Support is Appreciated and Celebrated
All Gifts Appreciated and Accepted Here
Aimed to create a “pay-it-forward” ripple of positive action, our sister charitable organization, registered here in Canada to work globally,
A Celebration of Women™ Foundation Inc., was born to shape a better world through building residential homes that are mandated to enable the education of young women, support self sustainable programs, graduating future women leaders.
EMAIL TRANSER TO:
SMALL DONATIONS MAKE GLOBAL CHANGES
Thank You, Team Celebration
Visit Diethylstilbestrol, a DES awareness
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING
Copyright 2013 @ A Celebration of Women™ The World Hub for Women Leaders That Care