5 ways to optimize your potential…AND a self-test to determine if your potential is engaged or derailed. (Including 10 Bonus Links)
1. Reach. Use tools, strategies that help you redirect focus, and focus faster in the face of change, challenges and opportunities. Focus is the mother of success and creativity is its kissing cousin. Like money or nuclear power focus can be used to optimize or derail potential. Simple tools, geared to your personality, your learning style, your career or organizational objectives can help you focus faster, better on what really counts while helping you learn, ideate, communicate and collaborate faster and better. Build reach, focus on what will help you learn, collaborate and succeed forward.
2. Empower. Ideation, communication and collaboration are the new anchors of success. Take control over your potential. Find a collaborative partner, an executive coach or advisor whose only agenda is your success; and whose skills and experience can help you not only get greater clarity around your potential while helping you also see the potential in people and ideas/opportunities around you. Develop new ways of thinking, communicating, doing and failing forward that will drive empowerment and engagement at the speed of change. Recognize that your power to learn and relearn is pivotal to your success and the success of those you lead. Teach-Learn-Do-Lead.
3. Actualize potential by seeing the forest for the trees. See the bottom line. Potential is optimized by our ability to feel that we are contributing. Understanding your own purpose, and helping those you lead see the purpose in their work, their skills their abilities is critical to leading forward both in terms of employee engagement, stakeholder engagement and the csr initiatives that will continue to become more important to successful organizations and their footprint in the marketplace and community. Remember that purpose = profit.
4. Communicate more effectively across competitive lines, cultural lines and in the face of conflict or challenges in communication and career. Put your money where your mouth is. Your verbal, written and digital/social communication counts. Learn how to best position your words in a way that empowers, engages others. Start developing communication skills that will help you optimize your potential and the potential of others. Develop the communication skills and marketing collaterals that can help you move past career transition or other blips in the road, faster and better. Use your self talk, your thoughts, your words to build better relationships, improved collaboration with yourself, your direct reports, colleagues, bosses, vendors, and stakeholders. Use YOUR words to communicate, collaborate and LEAD forward.
5. Harvest your potential and the potential of others. See your challenges, strengths, wins and failures with new eyes that optimize and catalyze your potential. Let go of anger, frustration, reactivity or stasis. Embrace your ability to harvest the best in yourself and others.
Communicate, collaborate and LEAD forward by developing 3Q strengths that drive reach, resonance and results at a speed of change. Learn to use not only your strengths but challenges and failures to build three key strengths that you can actualize under stress: Q1 IQ (Intellectual capacity-Ideation) Q2 Emotional Intelligence (Perceiving, Reasoning, Understanding and Managing Emotions | Self Awareness and Awareness of Others) Q3 Spiritual Quotient- The alignment with and to your highest values, purpose and power. )
Quick Self-Test: Is Your Potential Derailed or Engaged?
- Easily fatigued or exhausted?
- Working in a messy or disorganized space or fashion?
- Disinterested or frustrated by our job?
- Easily stressed, angered or in a constant internal state of strife?
- Frustrated with your direct reports, and stymied by teambuilding problems, turf wars or passive aggressive behaviors that derail team dynamics and results?
- Stuck in a negative rut, seeing no way to improve your performance or the performance of others?
- Easily confused or frustrated by the actions of others?
- Focused on who is against you rather than how you can build collaboration, cooperation and results?
- Frantically putting out fires and reacting to emergencies?
- Disengaged unable to think of ways to drive greater engagement and productivity?
- Energized, motivated?
- Working in a neat organized space and with a modus operandi that maximizes results?
- Engaged, empowered and challenged by your work?
- Using challenges and strengths to learn, lead and communicate better and faster?
- Helping those you lead optimize, humanize and monetize results by finding new ways to improve ideation, learning, communicating, collaborating…doing.
- Constantly looking for ways to use both strengths and challenges to improve the way you learn, communicate and collaborate?
- Focused, energized and ready to meet goals and objectives?
- Developing the reach and resonance you need to succeed through verbal/inter-personal, written/ digital -social communication?
- Responding, rather than reacting to challenges using them to develop new ways of thinking, communicating and doing that help prevent emergency situations?
- Do you have good ideas for increasing engagement and productivity; ideas you will build upon, use and execute?
If you answered yes to one or more of the derailment questions it is time to optimize your potential! Go back to the five steps, and find the most important step you can actualize now. The importance and imperative to see your strengths and challenges with new eyes that can help YOU optimize YOUR potential is real, doable and critical!
More on optimizing your potential in disruptive times? YOU Betcha!
Remove the Wall to Your Greatest Potential
The Empowerment Compendium
The Purpose Equation
How to Build Better Communication NOW!
From Now to HOW: Building Social, Virtual and Cross Generational Communication
Ten Ways to Lead and Succeed in Times of Complexity and Change
I Will NOT Be Broken-The Call to Build a Better Future (Intro to my forthcoming book)
Extraordinary Women (Extraordinary Women TV-Shannon Skinner)
From Pain to Gain in Life and Career (The Best People We Know Radio Show-Deb Scott)
Against All Odds: A True Story of Courage, Hope and Success
Enough? Almost! If you are in Toronto, I hope you will join me for the following events. If you are in London and NYC…stay tuned, coming to you later this year!
SPEAKER: IRENE BECKER is described by clients as a “transformational catalyst,” Irene has helped executives, senior managers, professionals, entrepreneurs, writers, human resource professionals, speakers, trainers, coaches, teachers optimize talent and performance in high stress, high change environments while also developing a new relationship with challenges, ambiguity and crises that have helped her clients achieve breakthrough results.
Are YOU Ready to…
Build YOUR 3Q Leadership, Career, Business Development or Talent Optimization Edge?
© Irene Becker, Just Coach It-The 3Q Edge™ | (IQ-EQ-SQ) Reach-Resonance-Results 3Q Leadership™ Blog- 41,000+ Social Media Followers & Growing!