What’s A Meme?
According to Wikipedia:
A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols or practices, which can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals or other imitable phenomena. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate and respond to selective pressures.
A little more about Memes:
- An idea that, like a gene, can replicate and evolve – (Csikszentmihalyi, 1994).
- A unit of cultural information that represents a basic idea that can be transferred from one individual to another, and subjected to mutation, crossover and adaptation.
- A cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from onegeneration to another by nongenetic means (as by imitation); “memes are the cultural counterpart of genes.
Are You A “Meme Shifter”?
In essence, if you feel that something wonderful is happening, you’re a “Meme Shifter”. In other words, you’re part of the creation of new memes that we collectively create from nothingness into incredible shifts in:
- Our technologies (of all kinds)
- Learning systems
- Our understandings of spirituality
- Financial systems
- Food systems
- How we treat ourselves, our fellow beings and Mother Earth …an d hundreds of other systems within us and on our planet.
Some genes replicate that aren’t necessarily serving to you individually or for humanity. And since Memes are the genes of our cultures, we’re beginning to become aware that certain memes that once served us are beginning to erode and fall away.
- Polluting the earth
- Self judgment
- “Us vs them” ideologies
- Beliefs in scarcity
- Equating money with success
- Valuing “things” over ourselves or life itself
So, as a “Meme Shifter”, every choice you make and every thought you think begins to affect our collective memes.
The real questions are:
- What choices will you make today that allow the Great Shift to unfold?
- What shifts are you willing to make to let the Infinite move through you and become life itself?
The Golden Thread
If you heard our audio of the 11:11 Turning Point, you’re probably familiar with the concept of the “Golden Thread”. In essence, the Golden Thread is the one core energy or belief that connects all the main issues in your life. Listen to Track 2 of the 11:11 Turning Point Audio at this link and you’ll get the vibe of what I’m talking about.
The word meme was coined by Richard Dawkins in his book “The Selfish Gene”.
This presentation is thanks to DreamsAlive, Paul Bauer
Our meme is: Celebrate Positive Action.
A Celebration of Women™ is centralizing and platforming women change makers and leaders, celebrating their respective examples of positive action in serving the betterment of all.
Our message hopes to instill the concept and change the paradigm of the the women’s movement shifting into a belief that all will achieve more meaningful success through the ‘celebration of positive action’, than through ‘amplification of negative action’.
Women of our World, are You A “Meme Shifter”?
Filed Under: Contributors, MEN "Positive Action", WOMEN & SPIRITUALITY Tagged With: 1994, : You, A, A Celebration of Women, Abundance, are, are You A “Meme Shifter"?, Beliefs in scarcity, Csikszentmihalyi, ecology, Equating money with success, Financial systems, Food systems, Polluting the earth, power of prayer, Richard Dawkins, Self judgment, spirituality, thoughts, Valuing “things” over ourselves or life itself, vibrations, women of our world, women., world, “Meme Shifter", “Us vs them” ideologies